Women are essential. We are a driving force of opportunities around the world. We are vessels of knowledge, strength, ambition, empathy, and forces of change. We carry stories of success and failure that help us learn from one another to improve our momentum towards future goals. I think it is important to recognize what we do so well and what we need to improve upon. It has always been something I have focused on for myself thought my experiences. I have more and more conversations with women and I find that we are not having the conversations we need as often as we should.
With the Time’s Up Movement and efforts from millions of women around the world, the conversation is louder and it is being heard in waves. We have this momentum that must propel forward with consistent change and action. We also want to make sure we are checking in with ourselves and paying attention to what we need to keep our energy present and alive to keep helping one another progress. Here, I would like to pose a few questions to ask ourselves and one another more often to help keep the conversation going:
- What are your ambitions? What do you need support with to progress further within your motivations?
- we all need some time to ruminate on our ideas and ambitions. Talking it out, making lists, creating idea boards (I have lots of these) are all things that help us take the intentional time to plan and stay focused on our present and future.
- What are your pain points?
- What is weighing you down? We all have that “thing,” that annoying thing that is in the back of our mind or may be physically right in front of us. How do we overcome this, how are we marching on?
- What can I do to help her?
- When you are able to be on track for you, then you are able to exude more energy to help others. In many cases, when you are experiencing success then other will also find success.
The future is female and having more and more conversations that bring about change only bring us closer to equity and equality around the world. Happy International Women’s Day!